Step 2/2: Next, we need some information about your home/property.
Below are some basic requirements you’ll need for your flat roof or ground mount.
Hydropanel General Installation Requirements:
- Sunny mounting location – The SOURCE Hydropanel works best in full sun. Unobstructed sunlight required at least 5 hours per day. Avoid placing under shading objects such as trees, buildings, etc.
- 4 x 6 foot (1.2 x 1.8 meters) mounting area per Hydropanel.
- Minimum clearance of 1ft (30cm) in front of and behind the panels to allow access for service.
- Minimum 3 inches (8 cm) between Hydropanels from side to side within an array.
- SOURCE Hydropanels must be installed at least 15 feet (5 meters) away from windows and should be positioned considering Hydropanel sound with respect to living spaces.
- SOURCE Hydropanels must be level from side-to-side with a maximum deviation of 1".
- Hydropanel must be South Facing (180°) for locations in the Northern Hemisphere, or North facing (0°) for locations in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The installation surface must be level. For example, a flat roof, or level ground.
Flat Roof Mount Requirements:
- Hydropanels must be mounted on a flat roof.
- Roof mounted Hydropanels must be at least 3 feet (1 meter) away from the edge of any structure.
- Adequate structural integrity of the roof is required. Do not install on a roof that is damaged or otherwise insufficient to hold the weight and wind loads of the Hydropanel.
- It is highly recommended that a crane is used to lift the Hydropanels to their mounting location.
Ground Mount Requirements:
- Ground locations should be firm, level, and evenly composed. The Hydropanel can be placed on blocks, concrete, or mounted to lumber to provide a stable base to sit on.
- Consider factors like soil composition, and how to manage erosion or plant growth over time.
- Avoid installing the Hydropanel where they may be wetted from irrigation sprinklers.
- Ensure the Hydropanel is raised above the specified flood plain.
- Hydropanel should be anchored to the ground or sufficiently ballasted to prevent movement or damage from high winds.